This course leads to the CREST Registered Tester (CRT) examination, which is recognised by the NCSC and is designed to assess the ability to carry out basic vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tasks.
The CREST Registered Tester exam is a practical assessment, where the candidate will be expected to find vulnerabilities across network, application and database technologies. This is course is built to test the candidate’s technical knowledge of penetration testing methodology and skills against networks, hosts and applications.
A pass at CPSA level is a prerequisite for the Registered Tester examination and success at both CPSA and CRT will give the CREST Registered status to the individual. An individual passing the CPSA but failing the practical element, which is this CRT exam, will still retain the CPSA Practitioner certificate and may apply to retake the CRT practical exam at a later date.
We have a virtual training laboratory, where you can log in and test the skills we’ve taught you by hacking a dedicated cloud playground. Moving from machine to machine, hacking away and exploiting vulnerability.
- Pen testers
- IT Professionals
- System administrators
- Basic understanding of networking: TCP/IP, Routing, Forwarding, OSI model
- Reading and understanding C, Python, JAVA, PHP code will help although not mandatory.
- Basic understanding of HTTP protocol, Cookies, Sessions
This course consists of nine modules:
Module 1 – Core Technical Skills
Module 2 – Background Information Gathering & Open Source
Module 3 – Networking Equipment
Module 4 – Microsoft Windows Security Assessment
Module 5 – Unix Security Assessment
Module 6 – Web Technologies
Module 7 – Web Testing Techniques
Module 8 – Databases
Module 9 – Preparation for the CRT exam
Join our next course
Duration: 5 Days
Method: Live Online (Teams)
Dates: 7th September 2020
- All trainers are CRT Certified & university level lectures
- 24/7 Dedicated testing environment
- Access to bespoke tools that you can use in the exam
- In-depth tutorials that allow students to practice at their discretion
- Access to support from the trainers even after the course has finished
- Tailored to your background & skill level
- Courseware & downloadable materials